Easy DIY Paper Flowers for your event projects and home decor – Paper Flower Assembly Guide
Easy DIY Paper Flowers – quick assembly guide for your projects and backdrops, with video tutorial included. Make your own stunning backdrops and home decor!
This post may contain affiliate links that won’t change your price but will share some commission.
NEW VIDEO AVAILABLE – IvaCrafts YouTube
Petal Templates now available in my ArtsyNFlowery ETSY SHOP
Now you can create your own beautiful paper flower backdrops with this easy short how-to video! This guide was created specifically for my Aura paper petal template (available in my Etsy Shop here ) but can be easily applied on any other petals of your choice.
Paper flowers are amazing and long lasting, and versatile decoration that fits almost any event. They became very popular for bedroom and living room wall art, and especially above the crib in nursery or around a name sign.
This template is suitable for both beginners and more advanced crafters, so don’t be afraid to experiment and try out different petal layouts!
To create large paper flowers you will need:
- Petal template. (Aura petal template). PDF template is great for printing it out and tracing, while SVG is used with cutting machines.
- Cardstock paper (the best to use would be that thicker type of paper that is 65Lb-90Lb). Can be found in craft stores/ craft sections. My favorite brand is Recollections
- Fast drying paper glue or even better – hot glue that is applied using hot glue gun. I recommend the Surebonder for mini, and AdTech for full size glue sticks. Notice that their tips are long and thin for great precision.
- Sharp Scissors! Cardstock paper is rather thick so using old ones will make the whole process harder and yield petals with frayed edges – not pretty!
- Wooden dowel and/or bone folder, or pretty much just round marker – for shaping the petals. How to shape paper flowers.
Cricut sample sizing comes along with my template!Shape petals Use a hexagon base for precision Attach all petals Prepare back cover Add wire loop to the back (optional) Use any pentagon shape for 2nd layer Attach next petal layer Use your favourite centerpiece
Awesome post! Keep up the great work! 🙂